3/17/16

Hospitals in Kathmandu

カトマンズ病院事情

Traveler's Diarrhea and Cold room in a hospital....
Unfortunately I got Traveler's Diarrhea when I visited Nepal for the second time. I drunk some amount of tap-water directly by mistake. Originally I have a sensitive stomach and a problem with my stomach often. So I am used to it but  this time I suffered from it every thirty mins for two days that made me totally nervous. I asked San to take me to a hospital. He took me Green City Hospital in his neighbor. The place I was taken to was an emergency room because it was still 6 am. There were about ten beds and it was cold like outside... It was in the end of Feb. Maybe some windows are opened....

One young doctor told me to lay down on a bed and checked my stomach from outside. I explained my problem and he told me to pick some stool up in a small container for examination.It was so small small container that I could not do it easily... but I managed to do it!
Btw it was surprisingly they didn't have toilet paper in the toilet although they are a big hospital....


Another doctor appeared after a while and he seemed to be a superior. He directed the younger doctor to give me an IV drop.
Btw they spoke English very well.
The examination result was traveler's diarrhea. I paid about 3,000NRP for doctor bill and medicines.
One thing, when he inserted the needle into my arm, he didn't swab my skin with alcohol. I felt anxious with it but learned alcohol swabbing prior to injections is not necessary always indeed. Even there are some normal germ on your skin, it doesn't make big problem as long as the needles are hygienic.

Big pills
They gave me pills which were more colorful and bigger than Japanese ones.
They are like this.

Grand International Hospital
I took the medicines after I got back to San's house and every-hour-diarrhea didn't stop all the day. Then San's sister Pu told me to go to another better hospital. That was Grand International Hospital.
This is relatively new, established in 2010. And rooms are very clean and warm. I paid 2,500NRP at the accounting section before I saw a doctor. And I paid medicine bills after I saw a doctor who spoke English very well again.
I showed the test result in the previous hospital to him. He told me to take more and more fluid and not eat fruits otherwise diarrhea lasts. Fruits have a lot of fibers which are hard to digest. He advised me not take antimalarial pills unless bacteria stays in my stomach.

 If you get sick while you are traveling in Kathmandu, I recommend you to go Grand International Hotel!
旅行者下痢と寒い病院
アンラッキーなとにネパールに2回目に行ったとき、旅行者下痢になりました。間違って水道の水を直接飲んでしまい。もともと胃が弱く、よくおなか壊してます。なのでなれてるのですが、  This time I suffered from it every thirty mins for two days that made me nervous. I asked San to take me to a hospital early morning. 今回は30分ごとに下痢が続くこと二日で、すっかり弱気に。サンに頼んで病院に連れて行ってもらいました。サンは近所の Green City Hospital に連れて行ってくれました。 ああの六時だったので、ERです。いくつかベッドがあり、外のように寒かった・・それは2月の終わりで気温は10度いかだったんじゃないかと。。窓が開いていたかも。

若い先生が出てきて、ベッドに寝るようにいい、おなかを外から診てくれました。わたしが事情を説明すると、先生は検査するからといって、ウ○チを小さい容器にとるよう言いました。
ちょー小さい入れ物で、○○をとるのは容易ではない・・・でも頑張りましたよ!ところで、この病院は大きな病院にもかかわらず、トイレットペーパーがなくて驚いた..

少しすると、もう一人先生が現れましたが、彼は先輩先生のようでした。若い先生にわたしに点滴をするよう指示しました。
そういえば英語上手だったな。
検査結果では、旅行者下痢と言われました。3,000ネパールルピーほどを診療費と薬代で払いました。
ひとつ気になったのが注射したときアルコール消毒しなかったんですよね。でも、どうもする必要って必ずしもないらしい。皮膚に常駐菌がいても、注射針さえ衛生的なら、たいてい問題はないらしい。

大きい薬!
病院で薬をもらいましたが、日本のに比べカラフルで大きい。↑のかんじ。
Grand International Hospital
サンの家に戻って薬を飲んだが、1時間毎の下痢は1日中止まらない。サンのお姉さんプンにより、別の病院に行けということになりました。それが Grand International Hospital.
ここは比較的新しく2010年創立。部屋はきれいであったかかった。2,500ルピーを診療前に会計で払いました。そして診療後に薬代を払いました。お医者さん、またしても英語がお上手でした。
お医者さんには前回の検査結果を見せました。するとお水をもっともっととって、果物は食べないようにしないと(バナナ食べてた)、下痢止まらないとのこと。あと、下痢止めは、菌が滞留するので飲まないようにとのこでした。

カトマンズでぐわいが悪くなったら、Grand International Hotelをお薦めします!